This weeks content:
- Hey I enjoy steak...But!
- Chinese recipes.
- Smile awhile.... Calories that don't count....
Hey I enjoy steak...But!
I had some spare time to browse through the malls these last few days.
This is my form of exercise after sitting at home, stuffing myself with food and drink. As the weather was horrible, a normal walk outside was really only for "mad dogs and englishmen" as the saying goes. Anywaay...my favorite pasttime in malls is browsing thru electronic gadget shops, and bookstores. As I had already strained the budget of electronics purchases the previous 12 months, I decided the bookstores would be it.
You see I am one of those people that buy far more reading material than I can ever hope to finish, short of giving up my job and just reading. As such, a lot of self-improvement books, end up as shelf-improvements books.
This time I limited myself to 2 books and a magazine. They are great books, on marketing (can you say geek) and on life enjoyment. But the magazine was the cruncher. My significant other (I love you darling) hijacked it and did what significant others do so well- namely reading it and stopping every 2 minutes to ask "did you know that...." whatever had just been read in the magazine. This is annoying, because I would have eventually read the magazine myself and then I would have known (well that was the intention anyway). The problem that came up now was, that I actually heard something, which I obviously did not know, but which made me really sit up and listen.
"Did you know that the word "vegetarian" is actually not derived from the word vegetable, but from a latin word meaning enliven"?
No, I did not know that! It seems these guys in 1847, The Vegetarian Society of the United Kingdom (England) coined the term "Vegetarian". They apparently already knew that a vegetarian diet is a more energetic and life enriching way to eat.
Mmm, maybe I should give this vegetarian thing another shot. More energy and health does sound appealing, especially after the holiday binges.
My son, who is an energy worker and healer, says he cannot be a non-vegetarian as the energy of meat is too low, or something to that effect. Now, I am not going one way or the other, except to say that we owe it to ourselves, to at least get some more information in this regard. This is for purely selfish reasons. if we can be more healthy and alive, that would reflect back on our life in general, our love life and all our relationships. Saving the world in some small extent would just be an added bonus.
I personally have not yet succeeeded in becoming a total vegetarian, and might never actually manage it.
However having read some information, I will re-evaluate my thinking at least.
So I have set up a website with more information, and some startling facts. Go to Vegetarian.
Remember keep on loving.
Like chinese food ?
Combine it with a more healthy way of eating.
Get the quick and easy guide to a more healthy meal with this guide book.
Something to brighten your day - smile a while.
Calories that Don't Count
1. If no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
2. If you drink a diet soda with candy, they cancel each other out.
3. When eating with someone else, calories don't count if you both eat the same amount.
4. Foods used for medicinal purposes have no calories. This includes any chocolate used for energy, Sara Lee cheesecake (eaten whole), and Haagen-Dazs ice cream.
5. Movie-related foods are much lower in calories simply because they are a part of the entertainment experience and not part of one's personal fuel. This includes (but is not limited to) Milk Duds, popcorn with butter, Junior Mints, Snickers, and Gummi Bears.
6. Cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breakage causes calorie leakage.
7. If you eat the food off someone else's plate, it doesn't count.
8. If you eat standing up the calories all go to your feet and get walked off.
9. Food eaten at Christmas parties has 0 calories, courtesy of Santa.
10. STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backward
Get more jokes HERE!